You asked for it…you got it.
Plant-Based Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe!
NOTE: I always adjust things every time I cook/ bake/ blend/ assemble, so this is merely what I used for the smoothie pictured. I encourage you to riff off of this and use/ substitute whatever ingredients inspire…
- 1/2-1 cup’ish coconut milk
- 1/2 cup’ish oats (I prefer gluten-free from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 T’ish chia seeds
- 1 banana (frozen is good, but not necessary, just up the ice cubes)
- 1/2 ripe pear
- 2 T’ish unsweetened applesauce
- a nice hunk of fresh ginger, skinned
- 1 tsp’ish nutmeg to taste (freshly-grated makes a HUGE difference. Trust me, it’s worth it and easier than you think).
- 1 tsp’ish cinnamon
- dash of cloves
- 1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 1 cooked sweet potato (sans skin)
- 6 or 7 ice cubes
- 1 T’ish molasses
- 1 tsp’ish pure vanilla extract
- Water or unsweetened almond milk to thin, if necessary
Soak oats and chias in coconut milk & vanilla for at least 30 min, but ideally overnight. Makes a porridge or “bircher” that encourages smoothness. Pretty darn good on its own too.
Blend all ingredients in Vitamix (a high powered blender is good, but there is nothing like the ethereal smoothness achieved by the four horsepower engine of this miracle machine. Worth every penny, and the most used appliance in our kitchen. Also stupidly easy to clean.)
Add water or almond milk to thin, if necessary. Garnish with fresh nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pecan. Or coconut cream is nice too.
Enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
Cheers to fall!